Veterans Preferred - Lead - Warehouse
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Are you looking to make
a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will
find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient
focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization,
we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Spends much of the time training warehouse associates in duties
and responsibilities and all associates in the safe use of
equipment according to SOPs. Observes performance to correct
behaviors as necessary.
2. May require use of a radio frequency (RF) device to perform
3. Responsible to assist warehouse personnel with the efficient
execution of order filling, receiving, stocking and returns.
4. May oversee shipping and general operations (UPS, emergency
orders or general deliveries).
5. Continues to perform as an individual contributor completing
advanced tasks and decision making with detailed knowledge of the
position and procedures.
6. Provides day-to-day tactical direction and guidance to warehouse
associates. Responsible for daily workloads. Coordinates and
recommends efficiencies to workflow.
7. Manages inventory; including monitoring levels.
8. May use forklifts, reach trucks and/or other motorized equipment
to move inventory.
9. Assists in supervision of the department including, but not
limited to, assignment of work, manpower needs to cover for
associate vacations, and building volume.
10. Participates in associate concerns such as reporting and follow
up to supervisor.
11. Utilizes computer system applications for proper operation and
12. Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety
rules, and state and DEA regulations.
13. Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education
degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education;
two (2) plus years of work experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to read and understand the English language to compare
and read product descriptions, names and shelf labels.
2. Must possess basic mathematical skills.
3. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain
cooperative working relationships with others.
4. Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
5. Have a good overall understanding of DC workflow and can work
with minimal guidance
6. Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise
remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
7. Ability to use good judgment to carry out detailed
8. Basic computer knowledge preferred.
9. Must be able to work overtime when necessary and participate in
10. Must be a team player and demonstrate effective communication
and problem-solving skills
11. Must have proficiency to operate reach truck, picker machines,
pallet jack, forklift, etc.
12. Maintains appropriate attendance and production standards.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to
our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive,
diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take
a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are
company-paid, while others are available through associate
contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location,
position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: AmerisourceBergen, Cary , Veterans Preferred - Lead - Warehouse, Professions , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!