Survey Field Technician
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Overview:NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and
consulting services to public and private sector clients,
delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing,
Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services;
Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and
Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5
helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate
projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.Responsibilities:NV5 is
seeking a full-time Survey Field Technician - for our Cary, NC
office. This entry level position will assist the Party Chief and
Survey Coordinator for timely completion of assignments.
The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Organize and maintain field equipment.
- Transporting and setup of surveying equipment and
- Clear vegetation or debris as directed for surveying
- Assist the Party Chief in recording measurements by operating
prism and level rods.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and
Group Manager.Work environment and physical demands of this
positionThe characteristics described below are representative of
those encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- This position will be subject to outside environmental
conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid
environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work
- Work will primarily be in the field involving long term
standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at
construction and project sites.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds
frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able
to stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb,
balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit,
stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.NV5
offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including
medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.Qualifications:Prerequisites for employment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license
prior to employment-preferredBehavioral traits, attitudes, and
skills required for this position
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Quality oriented
- Team oriented
- Responds well to constructive criticism
- Service oriented demeanor
- Mathematical competence for construction and survey
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Survey Field Technician, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!