NSS Sales Engineer
Company: Brady Trane Service, Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Brady has brought together some of the best minds in building
service technology, engineering, installation, and customer service
- and we're looking for more.
As a leading Trane independent office, we sell, service, repair,
and maintain HVAC equipment for our mission-critical customers. Our
team brings efficient, reliable, and secure building solutions
throughout central and eastern North Carolina.
What's it like to work here? Each day brings fresh challenges that
call for both knowledge and imagination. You're surrounded by
people who enjoy working as a team to solve problems. At the end of
the day, you know you've helped people stay comfortable and
productive. You've helped companies head off issues and operate
more efficiently. Plus it's a good feeling knowing your talents are
appreciated and rewarded.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing our customers with
custom-designed HVAC system solutions, developing new accounts, and
building and maintaining long-term relationships throughout the
assigned territory with contractors, consulting engineers, and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Maintains product and system technical knowledge by studying
pertinent information as it becomes available, or when research is
required to address a particular situation.
* Utilizes account management process to identify key customers and
to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
* Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new
* Collects project data and compares to the office's
* Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate
sales process, identifying the required project team members,
making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the
* Develops relationships with multiple buying influences in the
customer's organization, including project managers, project
engineers, construction, purchasing, and accounts payable.
* Collects and validates preliminary information and performs
facility walk through, construction plan review or other
* Determine project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to
meet all of the customer's HVAC system design and installation
* Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with
* Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
* Responsible for project take-off, selection, pricing, and
integration of equipment, controls, and services.
* Responsible for the preparation and review of the proposal.
* Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
* Determine proposal price and selling strategy.
* Reviews and compares contract terms and conditions with Brady
* Presents the proposal and negotiates price, terms, and conditions
* Follows up with buying influences.
* Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness
for assignment to operations team.
* Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project
* Determine needs, develops and executes an account specific
business plan to identify the long term, mutual support
requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and
* Provides total account business activity reports and annual
* Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing
HVAC system related solutions for the customer's problems,
including financial and performance-based considerations.
* Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market
* Assembles, coordinates and interacts with sales team as needed
for customer penetration and project acquisition.
* Coordinates with Estimators in the interpretation of
specifications and preparation of proposals.
* Will perform project management duties when necessary to ensure
proper execution of projects.
* Works closely as a team member with other parts of the Brady
* Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
* Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
throughout the Company
* Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to
serve our customers effectively
* Improve personal performance on a continual basis
* Provide responsive, professional and diplomatic customer
* Answer customer calls and correspondence quickly and
* Communicate with customers in a friendly, professional, and
* Perform all duties with the goal of building and maintaining
long-term customer relationships
* Immediately address any customer's concern and requests the
involvement of other Company personnel as required
* Follow all company safety programs and report any non-compliance
to your Team Leader
* Notify Manager or Safety Director of any unsafe conditions
Is responsible for day to day supervision of assigned sales
assistant, and for assisting in the supervision of assigned
administrative assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibility in
accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include assisting with training of associates,
assigning and directing daily work, coaching and mentoring,
addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Business sense, good
judgment, self-motivation, desire to see others succeed, patience,
ability to motivate others, and vision is desirable qualifications.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering from a four-year college or
* Must be able to attend the six-month Graduate Trane Program in WI
or have equivalent experience and training.
* Strong technical understanding of HVAC systems.
* VRF experience preferred.
* Strong presentation skills and proven experience pricing systems
Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, general familiarity with
computer systems, and ability to learn software applications as
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Valid Driver's License,
* Proof of personal insurance
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business
* Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that
conform to prescribed style and format.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to work with complex mathematical concepts commensurate
with the requirements for an engineering degree.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to
* Ability to define problems, collect data, identify possibilities,
and arrive at solutions.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to practical
situations, and to interpret technical instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving abstract and concrete
variables in a wide range of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job,
* the associate is regularly required to use hands to operate
computer keyboard, and telephone and effectively communicate with
* The associate frequently is required to sit and reach with hands
* The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop
* The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability
to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position works in a typical office environment with occasional
visits to job sites which include outdoor work and work in
mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the
associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes
or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat and
risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
* Ability to pass drug screening
* Ability to prove US employment eligibility
Keywords: Brady Trane Service, Inc, Cary , NSS Sales Engineer, Professions , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!