Sr. Buyer, Direct, North America
Company: Loparex LLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Sr. Buyer, Direct, North America is
responsible for executing sourcing and procurement activities and
initiatives that support the company's $200 million/year North
American Direct Materials buy. Specifically, the Sr. Buyer, Direct,
North America assists each of the company's global category leads
with strategy implementation and tactical management for North
America. Such activities and initiatives may include reducing the
company's Total Cost of Ownership, mitigating supply risk, managing
complexity, and supporting sustainability goals and initiatives.The
company is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, U.S. and has four
manufacturing sites in North America (Eden, NC; Hammond, WI; Iowa
City; IA; Malvern, PA), two manufacturing sites in Europe
(Apeldoorn, The Netherlands; Forchheim, Germany), one manufacturing
site in India (Silvassa) and one manufacturing site in China
(Guangzhou).PRIMARY JBO DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Keep fully abreast of applicable market conditions and industry
- Support and contribute to the company's rolling raw material
- Develop and maintain strong global supplier relationships.
- Working cross-functionally with the Global Procurement leads,
assist in the development and execution of sourcing strategies for
Direct categories, which deliver against business objectives,
including but not limited to cost and working capital
- Negotiate and formalize new supply agreements.
- Participate in periodic supplier audits, pursuant to direction
from the Global Supplier Quality Management Team.
- Address and resolve quality issues and supplier disputes in a
manner that fairly represents the company's interests.SECONDARY JOB
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Others duties and responsibilities as assigned by
managementJOBS SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's (4-year) degree in supply chain, engineering,
science, business or related field.
- At least 7 years of professional working experience, with 5+
years in relevant sourcing and procurement roles of increasing
responsibility, preferably supporting a process manufacturing
- At least 2 years of professional working experience sourcing
paper, silicone, polyolefin, and/or chemicals.
- Expert-level procurement skills across the entire source-to-pay
process, including but not limited to supplier identification and
qualification, negotiation and contract development, logistics and
delivery terms, and supplier complaint resolution.
- Proficiency in SAP required, with preference given to
candidates with a solid working knowledge of SAP's
- Well-versed in contract terms and conditions with the ability
to draft and edit contract language.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to model costs and
assess pricing and commercial proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to effectively interact throughout all levels of the
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and
initiatives in an effective way.
- Self-starter with the ability to act independently and deliver
- Heightened focus and commitment to safety.BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that begin on your first
- Health savings account with generous annual employer
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) matching programWe are an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Loparex LLC, Cary , Sr. Buyer, Direct, North America, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!