Supply Chain Analyst
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Summary of Supply Chain Analyst : Responsible for identifying,
analyzing, planning, and executing operational and functional
improvements in the overall supply chain. Execute improvements in
inventory planning and forecasting, procurement and order
fulfillment processes to increase customer satisfaction, improve
operational efficiency, and improve delivery reliability and on
time delivery of supply chain functions. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities of Supply Chain Analyst:
- Analyze and improve inventory planning, forecasting, and
strategy to align inventory plan with changing market demands,
corporate inventory level goals, and strategic sales
- Includes separate analysis for raw material (steel) and
production components from finished goods due to differing planning
- Identify and correct supply chain and operational bottlenecks
to improve supplier on time delivery, sales order on time delivery,
and sales order process time.
- Work with product group managers and other colleagues on new
product stock additions and account for these new products in
inventory planning strategy.
- Review, analyze, and improve procurement strategies to increase
efficiency, shorten procurement process time and decrease number of
open and late purchase orders.
- Implement proactive rather than reactive tools and reports to
identify problem purchase and sales orders before they are due,
communicate required action to appropriate party for
- Support and train both up and down stream colleagues and
functional groups on best practices and improvement opportunities
to improve overall order fulfillment process and customer
- Support and improve supplier on time delivery through analysis
of late orders for root cause, communicate with vendors on
- Support and improve logistics operations and functions through
data and observation analysis, work together with supply chain
manager to implement change.
- Assist SCHUNK management and supply chain manager with special
projects and assignments when requested.
- Special projects including but not limited to:
- Create a SCM Toolbox with reports and visualizations to control
efficiency of each area of supply chain. Bring together existing
tools for each module and benchmark against other SCHUNK production
plants to identify and implement best practices.
- Stock analysis for buildup and reduction, support
reorganization of storage areas based on SAP consumption
- Elimination of waste, support in leveling in peaks and valleys
of logistics department workload.
- Inventory value reduction by checking calculation lot sizes,
eliminating inventory or returning salable but non-turning
inventory to the production plants which have consumption.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications for Supply Chain Analyst:
- Demonstrated product purchasing and negotiation skills and
knowledge of manufacturing component materials.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Requires excellent expediting skills to manage and prioritize
multiple tasks and projects meeting production needs and SCHUNK
customer product delivery requirements.
- Knowledge of component manufacturing and sales
industry.Education and/or Experience for the Supply Chain Analyst:
Bachelor's degree in business, or technology field and two years
related manufacturing, production purchasing, or supply chain
experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience.Language Skills for the Supply Chain Analyst:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret materials
specifications, business procedures and national and international
- Ability to read and understand contracts and agreements.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with
vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, employee, customers, and the
- German language a plus.Mathematical Skills for the Supply Chain
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
geometry.Reasoning Ability for the Supply Chain Analyst:
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills: Ability
to use PC applications including advanced Microsoft Excel skills,
word processing skills, internet and email. Ability to use in-house
sales/order application and ERP systems. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations for Supply Chain Analyst: Valid Driver's License
Keywords: SCHUNK Intec Inc, Cary , Supply Chain Analyst, Professions , Morrisville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!