Mainframe Production Control and Scheduling Consultant - Remote / Telecommute
Company: CYNET SYSTEMS
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Monitoring the Console for the outstanding messages, SMF Dumps,
Tape related Issues, Buffer Shortage, and Spool Maintenance,
Initiator issues, contention, Console connectivity and other
- Monitoring the jobs in the mainframe console based on daily
- Monitoring the Spool Volume at regular intervals.
- Monitoring CPC capacity in RMF.
- Pausing batch jobs to avoid 100% spool utilization.
- Taking dump and recycling the Online regions and Started
- Changing the service class, priority of jobs based on
- Start/Stop the started tasks (ST) through SSM as per
- Working with MVS, JES commands.
- Ability to investigate job sysouts.
- Cancelling jobs, Online regions & TSO Users through
- Varying the tape drives online/offline.
- To Monitor Mainframe Console for System/Application Critical
Messages and Provide the fix as per procedures and/or escalate to
the System/Application Owner.
- Follow the escalation process to notify the Engineering Team
for Regions/Started Task abends and other issues by creating
/assigning the Incident ticket to the appropriate
- Ensure the System and Regions/Tasks availability On-time after
- Participate in Conference calls / Bridge calls for priority
- IPL - Shutdown/Startup of LPARS as per schedule and Monitoring
using Console and HMC.
- RMF - Monitoring CPU Usage of the boxes.
- IMS - Starting and Stopping databases, Refreshing messages in
- CICS - Recycling CICS regions, Enabling and Disabling
transactions, Purging/Killing transactions, Performing new copy
- Printers - Fixing printer issues, reactivating JES2/VTAM
- Spool Management -Monitoring the spool volumes at regular
intervals, Monitoring input queues, Escalation to application
- DR (disaster Recovery).
- Monitoring production batch jobs through Scheduling Tool in
- Monitoring Daily & Weekly Batch Cycles for completion.
- Coordinating and managing application restarts via JCL changes
or restart procedures as per document.
- Debugging JCL Errors, Space issues & Fixing job abends/failures
in Production System.
- Initiate and coordinate with the Production Scheduling team on
nightly batch schedules.
- Interfacing with application teams for ad hoc requests (i.e.
restarts, reruns, demand schedules/triggers , Holds , Cancel ,
Adding Conditions) via Scheduling tool.
- Analyzing Late Jobs, Long running jobs and looping
- Queue Monitoring, Health Check.
- Modifying and executing the JCL temporarily from the override
- Performing Ad Hoc Scheduling Request.
- Maintaining SLA with Incidents, changes and Service requests as
agreed with customers.
- Create incident reports for job abnormalities consistent with
the Incident Management Process. Produce daily batch production
- Produce monthly metrics on batch job executions, abend rates,
- Add/Delete/Update Jobs using Scheduling Tool.
- Documenting batch requirements from application
- Provide Primary Support for Scheduling activities on
- Maintain and review batch job schedules as per user
- Integrate Batch Deployment process with new/upgraded
- Updating and creating Scheduling calendars as per user
- Create and Maintain Event Triggers.
- Update new day Process jobs when new schedules are
- Participate in DR Activities and provide Batch changes as per
Customer requirements for DR.
- Provide 24*7 on-call support.
- Document Process and procedures and update
- Represent the Scheduling team during Weekly, CAB, DR and Time
change activity calls.
- Handle Transition Calls and Migration project calls.
- Handle Customer Audits on a Quarterly Basis.
- Provide Support for validations during Product Upgrades and
- Provide Permanent Solution to incidents occurring regularly and
help in Problem Determining.
- Conduct RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of major impacting service
- Participate in major incident management providing operations
continuity, status updates, and client communications.
Keywords: CYNET SYSTEMS, Cary , Mainframe Production Control and Scheduling Consultant - Remote / Telecommute, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!