Risk Analytical Consultant
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: January 10, 2019
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The Risk Delivery Advisory team at SAS helps banks, insurance companies, and many other institutions with financial exposure quantify and manage financial risk in their organization. As a senior consultant, you will lead risk implementation projects and work closely with team members to assess clients business needs relative to the deployment, customization, and implementation of sophisticated SAS risk solutions. Additionally, you will advise clients on data provisioning, analytics, and reporting frameworks. Representative engagements include regulatory capital stress testing and assessment (CCAR/DFAST, Basel II/III), loss reserving (ALLL/IFRS9/IFRS17/CECL) economic capital analysis, PD/LGD/EAD modeling, PPNR/ALLL forecasting, etc. While interacting with clients to help solve their business problems, you will gain a breadth of first-hand experiences in risk analytics, data management, and regulatory capital assessment.
In addition to project delivery, this role will assist the Risk Delivery Advisory team with its responsibilities in presales and proof of concept efforts, implementation training of SAS consultants and partners globally, service estimates, product content creation, and advisory services.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
* Demonstrate analytical leadership in delivering Risk and Finance solutions and implementations to customers within a structured SDLC delivery framework;
* Create relationships with SAS customers as a trusted advisor and partner
* Interact with clients to assess the functional and operational business needs of Risk and Financial services engagements
* Strategizing with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understanding how this activity relates to overall sales plans and providing functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
* Conduct financial risk analysis, explore and design creative new approaches to solving real business problems
* Lead functional assessments to understand solution requirements for risk and finance frameworks
* Teach best practices to risk consulting teams globally
* Provide actionable, field specific feedback to solution Research & Development
* Analyze 3rd party and in-house systems of record for portfolio and reference data sources
* Must be a passionately curious, dedicated life-long learner with an analytical mind, strong communication skills to convey the technical to a non-technical audience, and an accountable problem-solving disposition
* Minimum of 5 years experience within a financial institution or consulting firm
* BS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field preferred
* Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on risk and finance technical topics
* Ability to travel at least 50% globally (most travel is domestic). Candidates must be located near a major US airport
* Experience with third or fourth generation language computer programing and risk modeling, such as PD/LGD modeling in retail and/or commercial banking
* Globally recognized risk certifications such as FRM, CFA, etc.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex math and statistical concepts to an executive audience
* Experience with CECL and loss forecasting models
* Expertise in regulatory compliance guidelines such as CCAR, DFAST, Basel II/III, Dodd-Frank, Solvency II
* MS in Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Accounting or other quantitative field
* Additional risk domain knowledge considered valuable market risk, credit risk, enterprise risk, and/or operational risk. Finance experience a plus
* Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Experience driving risk implementation teams in the financial services industry with specific focus on risk management applications and consulting services
* Experience working with SAS Risk Solutions and SAS Programming
* Work Location Cary, NC
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Risk Analytical Consultant, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!