Sr Manager, Consulting - Consumer and Communications
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: April 15, 2019
As a Senior Manager, Consulting Consumer and Communications at SAS,
you will manage a team of engagement managers, as well as
individual engagements with customers and be responsible for
resulting services revenue in the Consumer (Retail/CPG) and/or
Communications (Comm and Media) space.
You and your team will lead sales and business development efforts
for a broad range of consulting services, such as: implementation
delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics,
modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration
support and managed services, deployment support and management,
business consulting and analytics advisory. You will develop and
maintain relationships with customers and software sales channels
to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our
* Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and
credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer s
* Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting
Services to CXO level customer stakeholders.
* Manage services related revenue target including opportunity
pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis
as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource
requirements for proposed services engagements.
* Collaborates regularly with appropriates pre-sales, sales,
divisional or global management to ensure progress toward joint
goals pertinent to Division or Corporate objectives
* Lead the team in developing business and creating consulting
engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and
business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of
* Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO)
* Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to
drive software-independent standalone services revenue.
* Oversees the practice objectives and the acquisition and
development of resources to meet those objectives
* Actively managers the team portfolio to balance workload
assignments and resources with achievement of Division metrics for
sales revenue, realization, and customer satisfaction (both
internal and external)
* Provides staff with clear understanding of responsibilities,
accountabilities and growth plan by communicating and managing work
assignments, training, and performance evaluation
* Keeps abreast of trends in the related and competitive
* Ensures staff compliance with established policies and procedures
including, but not limited to, time reporting, project
administration/reporting, skills inventory, staff profiles,
methodologies, quality assurance and project closeout
* Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS
technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics
programs for customers.
* Travel will vary but could include spending up to 50% of your
time in-person, onsite with customer stakeholders; travel will be
dependent upon sales cycles.
* Coordinate resources for the sales and implementation of complex
* Actively participates in services pre-sales calls and
presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs and
designs appropriate demonstrations.
* Provide roadmap to customer of how to incorporate additional SAS
solutions into their business.
* Uses domain expertise during the pre-sales cycle as it relates to
the customer business issues.
* Provide input into the design and documentation of internal
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or a
related field of study.
* Experience in consulting, services sales, and business
* 12+ years of experience in sales, business partner relationship
development, project management, or technical functions within the
* Experience in the Retail vertical market highly preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrated relationships and credibility specifically in the
Consumer and/or Communications domains.
* Advanced knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions
and services, architecture and resources.
* Experience leading sales strategies and cycles.
* Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating
multiple territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales
* Ability to initiate and lead projects.
* Ability to work and lead effectively in a team environment but
also be able to work independently.
* Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills,
decision making, and interpersonal skills
* Strong management, communication and leadership skills;
demonstrated team-building, organizational, and planning
* Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate them into
specific implementation strategies, superior problem-solving
* Demonstrated business and consulting knowledge; superior
executive presence, including negotiation and presentation
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Sr Manager, Consulting - Consumer and Communications, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!