Cloud & DevOps Architect
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Cloud & DevOps Architect
We are looking someone to join our team who assists sales teams,
pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize
revenue opportunities. As part of the Global Technology Practice,
you will ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction with a
specific focus on the integration of the SAS analytics platform
into the broader architecture and strategy of the customer. This
role involves understanding the entire SAS portfolio of technology,
with emphasis on SAS Viya, and its integration and installation
methods, alongside other technologies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
* Understand detailed customer requirements and how SAS can
competitively achieve them
* Build a trusted relationship with team members at all levels
within the Practice as part of providing practical and theoretical
guidance in the business value of the proposed solution and set
proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
* Clearly articulate the breadth and value of the entire SAS
platform including SAS Viya,
* Clearly state how the SAS technologies differentiate SAS from the
competition, to empower Sales/Customer Advisory to identify
opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties
such as partners, analysts or the press.
* Assist in defining best practices for delivery and implementation
of SAS solutions for IT.
* Work proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and
other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities,
cross-training and knowledge transfer.
* Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and
R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to
support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market
direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
* Foster relationships with client personnel at project and
* Identify enterprise-wide view of gaps and identify opportunities
to leverage software technologies to eliminate those gaps
* Communicate functional and technical differentiators and how SAS
provides value for the enterprise.
* Present to executive level audiences the SAS technology
* Be a quick and autonomous learner, always curious to discover new
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering,
MIS, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
* 5 years of enterprise software experience working in the support,
architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus.
Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit.
* Knowledge of sales and pre-sales techniques within the technology
* Understanding of modern DevOps patterns, tools, and methods
* Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as
Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
* Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory
* Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or
* Linux Operating System knowledge
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare,
OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
* Demonstrated ability to present to wide variety of audiences from
technical to C-suite
* Strong customer presentation, demonstration, and interaction
* Strong problem solving, organizational, decision-making
* Ability to Travel (domestic and international) as business
requirements dictate at management discretion
* Knowledge of SAS technology, architecture, and resources
* Experience with SAS, R, or other statistical language
* Understanding of Hadoop and related technologies
* Knowledge of Open Source architectures and best practices
* Understanding of modern DevOps patterns, tools, and methods such
as CI/CD, Jenkins, Helm, Github.
* Ability to build materials for enablement activities and
demonstrated delivery capability
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience working across multiple geographies
* Experience working across industries including, but not limited
to retail, financial services, communications, high tech,
manufacturing, government and healthcare
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work.
Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives.
Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an
award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great
ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit,
or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge,
SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: SAS Institute, Cary , Cloud & DevOps Architect, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!