Senior Security Consultant - Zscaler
Posted on: August 14, 2019
What you'll be doing...
At Verizon we believe technology should help you achieve more. And
we help businesses do exactly that almost daily - co-creating
innovative connected products, rapidly and securely deploying apps
in the cloud, managing employee-owned devices on a global scale,
and deflecting sophisticated hacker attacks. In support of our
world leading position in Cyber Security, we provide support for a
wide variety of security technologies.
This opportunity is to support Verizon's implementation and
operational support services with an emphasis on Zscaler skills.
Candidates will also have good general technical security knowledge
and skills, and experience with other security technologies as
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
Zscaler projects can include some or all of the following
- Setup and enablement of the Zscaler service based on an
approved design and transition plan, including validation
- Configure Zscaler using an existing policy from a different
product as a reference for the baseline.
- Define a Proof of Concept (POC) testing phase
- Phased transition of the users to the Zscaler service.
- Analyzing PAC files.
- Working with Zscaler cloud and physical environments.
- ZIA, Zscaler browsing
- SAML configuration
- ZAP, Zscaler agent on clients
- Tunnel configurations and setup
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in security.
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all
configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies.
- Experience/knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN).
- Experience participating in network & system security
- Experience in migration of complex legacy infrastructures to
new managed security services platforms.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in security with emphasis on network security and
- Zscaler ZCCA-IA and ZCCP-IA certifications.
- SANS or other Security certifications, such as GCIA, GCIH,
GREM, GPEN, CEH.
- CISSP Certification.
- CISM Certification.
- ITIL Foundations training / certification.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and
- Knowledge of modern network and cloud technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with
customers at both technical and executive levels.
- Clear and concise written and oral English, including the
ability to product professional-level documentation.
- Strong problem-solving and security analytics skills; ability
to identify gaps in processes and recommend improvements for
- Strong leadership skills and a proactive approach to customer
- Ability to excel in dynamic environments.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Cary , Senior Security Consultant - Zscaler, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!