Construction Technician-Eastern NC
Posted on: August 14, 2019
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing
quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering,
building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure
design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering
inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water
resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is
an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and
Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's "Hot" 100 Firms
(U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you
with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and
technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and
private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction,
real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and
2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations
nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an
Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group s #1
Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company s
website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a
construction technician in eastern North Carolina. The construction
technician will be responsible for performing field inspections,
testing, material sampling, recording measurements, and monitoring
compliance of contractors' operation for bridge and highway
construction projects. The most frequent and essential work
* Conduct independent complex inspections of roadway and bridge
construction processes and materials to assure compliance with
contract plans, standards, and specifications.
* Provide assessment of contractor s quality control procedures by
applying quality assurance inspection and testing at designated and
* Independently test and monitor complex or controversial roadway
and construction work, resolve materials and methods compliance
problems with contractors, and oversee or perform the inspection of
major or complex structure construction projects.
* Complete a variety of complex calculations and check drawings,
calculations, and plans.
* Train and instruct other inspectors and review their work for
accuracy and completeness.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required, Associates degree in civil
engineering technology or similar focus preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of construction experience required
* General knowledge of surveying methods, equipment and material
used in highway construction
* Working knowledge of mathematics including algebra, geometry and
* Ability to read and interpret construction plans, contract
provisions, and inspection procedures
* Basic computer skills including use of email, internet, Microsoft
office programs and use of iPad
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Inspection experience on NCDOT projects preferred
* NCDOT material testing and sampling certifications preferred
* NCDOT Concrete
* NCDOT QMS Roadway
* NCDOT Conventional Density
* NCDOT ABC Sampling
* NCDOT Borrow Pit Sampling
* NCDOT Erosion & Sediment Control
* Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver s license prior
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue
hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
* This position will be subject to outside environmental
conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid
environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work
* Work will primarily be in the field involving long term standing
and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at
construction and project sites.
* Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds
frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to
stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
* Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand,
* Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be
* Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
CALYX / NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Cary , Construction Technician-Eastern NC, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!