Analytical Staff Technician Job
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Req Id 30908 - Posted 11/05/2019 - Research and Development - Cary.
North Carolina. US
This job requires working in a safe manner including safe chemical
handling and wearing required personal protective equipment;
ability to take measurements in the lab from standard laboratory
devices (e.g thermometers, graduated cylinders, balances, etc.);
and ability to record the measurements accurately in the laboratory
notebooks. Daily laboratory duties including equipment checks,
housekeeping/cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment.
* Proposes established procedures, making approved modifications as
* Proposes explanations and solutions to deviations from expected
* Identifies appropriate analytical/test methods to provide
information necessary for solution to problem.
* Capable of designing efficient methods for tracking and
* Assists in development of new procedures and test methods.
* Can evaluate and understand significance of background or related
* High school education + 5 years' experience in either a technical
or a mechanical discipline. Has some experience in an Analytical
laboratory or area of interest.
* Basic communication and computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word
and PowerPoint. Basic skills in computer hardware systems
connection and functions.
* Organizes and analyzes data to explain conclusions and outcomes
internally. Communicates verbally and in written form using
prescribed report templates. Can interpret graphical data into a
written or verbal conclusion.
* Follows established standard operating procedures, making
modifications within the guidelines of practices as needed. With
scientist supervision, undertakes projects segments following
detailed project protocol and established practices.
* Applies thorough understanding of operation of equipment and
processes to identify possible sources of problems.
* Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions following established
routines from either laboratory protocol or manufacturer's
* Utilizes full range of measuring devices and test
* Assists scientists with prototype and method development.
* Demonstrates a commitment to performing lab work ethically and
* Comply with the HSEQ Policy
* Comply with Regulations, Legal and Internal Requirements as made
known by the site and by the business unit (BU)
* Comply with the rules of the specific location to which one is
assigned as well as the rules set by the business unit (BU) and
* Comply with all standard procedures and work instructions, aka
SP, SOP, PWI, TM, to ensure productivity, quality assurance and
* Review assigned work areas for potential losses and report
hazards to the direct supervisor.
* Report Near Misses, Incidents or Accidents to the direct
* Identify and communicate potential gains or possible improvements
to the management system.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes
materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer
performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance
materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our
globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the
markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.8 billion ($10.4
billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people
worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to
active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers
in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in
bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic
solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, Cary , Analytical Staff Technician Job, Professions , Cary, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!